Sunday, March 27, 2011

Primary

I don't have a real story to share, like my last post about teaching Primary. . . But I thought I'd just post anyway.

Seth let me sleep in this morning, he got up with Scarlett. Well, I got her a bottle at 7:30 and she slept until 9:00, that's when Seth got up. I got up for the day at 11:00. I know, that's ridiculous, right!?! I agree, it is. I got up, then Scarlett and Seth went down for a nap. Why is it that Sundays are always the super sleepy/tired day? When you have church at 1:00pm it's hard to not just want to sleep the morning away. Anyway!

I read through my lesson again, made chocolate chip cookies to take to the class, and found video clips I could use to enrich the lesson. The lesson was "Jesus Christ heals the sick". I watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and part of "The Testaments". It had been too long since I've watched these favorites. I love this quote from "Finding faith in Christ",

"Faith is knowing that good will come out of whatever happens to us." . . . "Perhaps faith isn't faith until it is tried"

I think I've mentioned before, Even after being a missionary and teaching the basic doctrine of the Gospel for 18 months, I don't have confidence that I'm a good primary teacher. But today was a confidence booster. It was a good lesson, the class paid attention, I felt like it went well. Maybe it's because I showed a video and they got a cookie? :) I'm learning different things that help keep their attention and so they understand.

We read a lot of the miracles Jesus performed during his ministry. I shared about Scarlett getting a blessing last Monday to help her with the Pneumonia and Bronchiolitis. The girls were very interested in the clips I showed about Jesus raising the dead, healing leprosy, etc. The spirit was there, and I believe they felt it as well.

It has been an uplifting Sabbath day! I am grateful for the Gospel in my life. I have faith in my Savior, in the Plan of Happiness, and know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I am very excited to hear the Prophet and his apostles speak next weekend. We are very blessed to live in this last dispensation with the fullness of the Gospel!


No comments:

Post a Comment