Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sundays

At church I'm currently serving as the Miamaid adviser and Seth is 2nd counselor in the Young Men's presidency. Yes, it makes it "fun" for us both to go to Mutual on Wednesdays. So actually I really don't go to mutual ever and instead, I teach the Miamaids pretty much every Sunday (except the 1st and 5th Sundays).

I absolutely love it. Our group of ladies are especially awesome. They all love and support each other, there are no clicks or groups. And while I am not exactly confident about teaching most of the time, I have had some really great experiences lately. I'm just feeling a lot better it all since I started in January.

Today the lesson outline I prepared was from the Come Follow Me manual, "How do we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost". Coincidentally, In Sacrament Meeting a youth speaker chose his own topic, the Holy Ghost. In Sunday School the teacher's closing remarks were, "The Holy Ghost is constantly reaching to us and it is up to us to allow him into our lives." I love how life fits together like this sometimes!

I've just been overwhelmed with gratitude. Church was great today, and I loved feeling the spirit so strong. I just feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the Gospel. It feels so good to know I have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost as a companion in life after I was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Life can be hard! But the companionship of the Holy Ghost makes life so much easier. It has been such a comfort to me in difficult and sad times. It's truly a gift. How awesome is it that we can have a member of the Godhead with us constantly? 

"The Holy Ghost's communication to your spirit carries far more certainty than any communication you can receive through your natural senses." - True to the Faith "Holy Ghost"


On a different note - I really love this Mormon Message I came across this morning. Elaine Bradley, she's the drummer for the group Neon Trees.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment